Health Insurance Assistance Program aids area residents in obtaining affordable health insurance through New York State's marketplace for the Affordable Care Act, NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace.
Chenango Health Network is part of the Community Service Society of New York’s Navigator Network. Navigators are certified by New York State to guide individuals through the enrollment process, help them find the right health insurance based on their unique needs and work with them to determine if they are eligible for financial assistance to reduce the cost of coverage.
All plans sold at New York State of Health must include "The 10 essential services in accordance with the Affordable Care Act legislation. These are the 10 key health services that must be covered by every health plan:
• Ambulatory patient services, such as doctor’s visits and outpatient services
• Emergency services
• Maternity and newborn care
• Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment
• Prescription drugs
• Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
• Laboratory services
• Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
• Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
Chenango Health Network Navigators are available to assist eligible individuals and families enroll in Medicaid, The Essential Plan and Child Health Plus, as well as Qualified Health Plans. This service is free and confidential.
Please call 1-607-337-4128 for an appointment today!